Address: Kings Heath Park, Avenue Rd Car Park, B14 7TQ
Strava Link: https://www.strava.com/routes/21088547
– Turn right out of the park into Avenue Road, at the end turn right onto Vicarage Road before turning into the blind corner onto Cartland Road – take care here!
– Go down Cartland Road until you get to the traffic lights near the bottom of the hill, from here go right onto the River Rea Path.
– Cross the traffic lights at Dads Lane then go left then right along Cecil Road. At the T junction take a right on Kitchener Road and rejoin the River Rea Path at the end of the road, the path leads instantly left.
– Continue along with the field on your left and the river on your right then take the second bridge on your right. Follow the path as it bends left until you reach the end of the trees, take a right here (Stirchley Triangle. If you see a bridge on your left you have gone too far) and follow the path up towards the Holders Lane car park entrance, continue forward on the path in front of you and up Holders Lane. Avoid hurtling into a cul-de-sac if possible.
– Turn left out of Holders Lane onto Moor Green Lane going towards the mini roundabout and cross over to Queensbridge Road (right at the mini roundabout) follow the slight undulation of Queensbridge Road and just as you reach the traffic lights at the end you will see the entrance to into Highbury Park on your right, enter the park and down the path all the way along until you reach Shutlock Lane entrance.
– Turn left up (up, up, up!) Avenue Road and return to the park. You get your 4 miles before you join Avenue Road.