Address: Kings Heath Park, Avenue Rd Car Park, B14 7TQ
Strava Link: https://www.strava.com/routes/21088601
– Exit the park to the left and go down Avenue Road, shortly after you pass under the railway bridge you will see a small traffic island, we recommend crossing using the island and onto Shutlock Lane which bears right.
– Take the sharp turn right into Highbury Park and follow the path up to the top. As you exit the park go left onto Queensbridge Road, at the mini roundabout cross and go down Russell Road, follow the road round and go left at the main roundabout onto Edgbaston Road, entering Cannon Hill Park through the front gates (just after the bus shelter and before the traffic lights).
– Follow the path up past the cafe and then the bandstand, after the bandstand the path curves right with a slight down hill, take the left at the grass triangle (if you go over the bridge you have gone to far) you will pass a play area on your right
– Follow along until you find another smaller triangle of grass the ‘Stirchley Triangle’. Turn left here and follow the path up towards Holders Lane car park entrance, continue forward on the path in front of you and up Holders Lane. (Avoid hurtling into a cul-de-sac if possible.)
– Turn right out of Holders Lane onto Moor Green Lane and run down to Shutlock Lane. Turn left as Shutlock Lane meets Dads Lane and the entrance to Highbury Park.
– Follow the road up and under the railway bridge (cross at the island you used on the way down) continue up Avenue Road and return to the park – 4 and a bit miles! Done!